Christian Service: Opportunities
Opportunities within Regina
It's never too early to start thinking about Service Opportunities. Organizations at Regina like Free the Children, S.T.A.N.D., Campbell Soup Label Committee, and Clown Ministry are always looking for volunteers looking to enrich their lives through the experience of service. This is a great opportunity to get to know your schoolmates as well as making a difference in the community and in the world. For more information on these and other service organizations, please contact Mrs. LaPointe.
Additional Service Opportunities
CCS Service Opportunity at St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital
Girl Scout Brownie Troop
Looking for Regina High School Students to be part of their successful partnerships.
Women of Saint Malachy High Tea, March 13, 2016
- Women of Saint Malachy
Great Lakes Caring Hospice Volunteers Needed:
Great Lakes Caring Hospice provides comprehensive hospice care to terminally ill patients in nursing homes and assisted living facilities throughout Michigan. As part of our mission, we provide many opportunities for volunteers to work closely with our hospice patients, providing companionship, sharing their musical or other creative talents, and performing many other acts of compassion. Young people provide incredible joy to the elderly and sick and are a great support to our hospice team. In return, they are able to receive the wisdom and understanding that our elderly patients possess in abundance. This exchange between the generations is of great personal value to the students and parents alike. It is also a great way for students to fulfill community service requirements, for school, service groups, or clubs.
Please contact Megan Carolin at (586) 468-8580.
In-House Hospice Volunteer Opportunities:
- Contact Person: Megan Carolin. Please make sure to bring a Regina CCS form to be signed and FAXED from Mrs. Carolin upon completion of your service. CCS forms are available in the front office, at the attendance desk and online.
- In-House Hospice Brochure
- In-House Hospice Flyer
Sisters Home Visitors of Mary:
- Location: Varies ( Detroit area)
- Contact Person: Front Office Secretary
- Dates: Varies
- Hours: Varies
- Duties: Children's svc club (Our Lady of Good Counsel)- Assist with mailings (Saturday), Visiting nurse (St. Charles Parish) – Gifts and cards distribution, (St. Raymond )- Bible study for elementary children.
MISD Macomb Infant Preschool Program (MIPP) 19 & Garfield:
- Contact Person: Mrs. Kim Renshaw. 586-228-3455. Make sure to bring a Regina CCS form to be signed and FAXED (or mailed) from MIPP/Kim Renshaw upon completion of your service. CCS forms are available online, at the attendance desk and in the front office.
- Duties: Volunteer responsibilities include: Assist with various art project preparation, prepare toys for class participation, assemble bulletin boards, assemble parent packets, filing, cleaning toys, clean mirrors, chairs, tables and counters.
- Hours: 1-4 hours per week. This is an ongoing service opportunity.