Important Information for the Class of 2021 - May 6, 2020
MPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE
Class Of 2021
● The deadline to register for the June ACT is Friday, May 8. The July 18 testing date is also open for registration.
● Beginning in September, the ACT will allow you to register for one or more sections and super score your results. Please keep in mind that many colleges do not accept super scores and you need to check with the college before registering for just one or more sections. You cannot register for the September ACT at this time. ACT will announce the date to register in July.
● The SAT will be held every month beginning in August. Registration will open the week of May 26.
● You must take the SAT if you wish to qualify for the Michigan Competitive Scholarship. The Macomb All Academic Team Award also requires a high SAT score to be considered.
● Many colleges are going “test optional” including MSU, GVSU and Western. However, many other colleges (including U of M) are not offering this choice. Keep in mind that scholarships, direct admit programs (like engineering and nursing), and honors colleges may require standardized (ACT or SAT) test scores.
● Your best bet is to take the ACT or SAT and then decide for a particular school to go test optional. Keep in mind the GPA requirement may be higher if you opt out of submitting the ACT or SAT.