Important Information for Senior Events - June 23, 2020
(Please click here for the printable version of this letter.)
Dear Parents and Senior Class Member,
With all of the changes and uncertainties surrounding our senior events, we wanted to reach out and update you with plans as they stand today. We know that you are counting on knowing all details as soon as we have them, so please know that we will keep you updated every step of the way.
Wednesday, July 22: Graduation Practice
Graduation Practice will be the morning of July 22, exact time TBD. This meeting will take place at St. Isidore Catholic Church at 18201 23 Mile Road in Macomb and is mandatory for any senior attending graduation. Tickets for all events will be distributed at practice. Please bring your white shoes for approval.
Thursday, July 23: Senior Prom
The Senior Prom begins at 6:00 p.m. and ends at 10:00 p.m. This special evening is at MacRay Harbor located at 30675 North River Road, Harrison Township, MI 48045. Our event planner has assured us that they are taking special precautions to follow all state regulations regarding health and safety and we will follow the policies they put in place. Tickets will be on sale via the Regina website (Click here for Prom Tickets) beginning Monday, June 22 and continuing through Sunday, July 5. No late tickets will be sold. This event will only take place if at least 60% of the senior class purchases tickets. Guest Applications can be found on Google Classroom and must be submitted via GC by July 21.
Sunday, July 26: Father Daughter Mass
The Father Daughter Mass, hosted by the Dads Club, will take place in the Regina Chapel at 10:00 am. All details can be seen on the evite: Invitation to Father Daughter Mass. Please RSVP to the evite no later than July 17. Out of an abundance of caution, brunch will not be included, but a light breakfast will be provided to enjoy at home.
Monday, July 27: Senior Night Party
SADD’s Senior Night Party will be held at Regina High School from 5:30-10:30 pm. This event will take place outside and will have many fun activities. The committee has been working hard to ensure a safe and fun evening for all! Tickets will be on sale via the Regina website (Click here for Senior Night Party Tickets) beginning Monday, June 22 and continuing through Sunday, July 5. No late tickets will be sold. This event will only take place if at least 60% of the senior class purchases tickets. If you already purchased tickets before school ended you do not need to purchase another ticket.
Wednesday, July 29: Baccalaureate Mass
Baccalaureate starts at 6:00 p.m. at St. Malachy Catholic Church on 14115 Fourteen Mile Road in Sterling Heights. In order to comply with the AOD’s rules on social distancing, each graduate will be provided with 2 tickets for this event. Tickets will be distributed at Graduation practice on July 22. There is absolutely no admittance without a ticket. Unfortunately, the dinner originally planned following mass has been cancelled to ensure the safety of all graduates, families, and staff members. Each student will receive a small gift from the Mothers Guild in place of the dinner.
Thursday, July 30: Honors Night and Graduation Commencement Exercises
Honors Night and Graduation Commencement Exercises begin at 6:00 p.m. This final gathering of the Class of 2020 is at St. Isidore Catholic Church at 18201 23 Mile Road in Macomb. Students receiving Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude academic honors will be decorated followed by the presentation of graduates and distribution of diplomas. In order to comply with the AOD’s rules on social distancing, each graduate will be provided with 2 tickets for this event unless your student noted in the student survey that additional tickets would be necessary for remarried parents. Tickets will be distributed at Graduation practice on July 22. There is absolutely no admittance without a ticket. It is our hope that we will be able to stream the ceremony live online, more details will be forthcoming.
Baccalaureate plus Honors Night and Graduation Commencement Exercises are formal school events. Graduates are to be in full academic attire described below and are expected to adhere to the following directives:
- A white or very pale pastel dress must be worn under, but not hang below, the Graduation gown which generally falls to mid-calf.
- A heel height of 2-3 inches is suggested, however flats may be worn. Sandals or open toe shoes must have straps to securely hold the heel of the foot in place. Absolutely no stiletto heels, high platforms or thong sandals. Shoes will be approved at Graduation practice in order to receive the Graduation tickets.
- The cap and tassel complete the academic attire.
- Handbook policies regarding hairstyles and colors, jewelry, and pierced body ornaments must be followed since these are formal school events.
It is our sincere hope that each event is a special celebration of your daughter’s time at Regina. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Erin Backman Rosemary Michels Senior Co-Moderator Senior Co-Moderator
REGINA HIGH SCHOOL DANCE CODE
The administration, faculty, and staff of Regina High School wish to provide all students and their guests with a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere at Regina dances. Therefore, Regina has established the following guidelines for conduct/dress:
The “Casual but Neat” Policy:
- No backless tops
- No clothing with bare midriffs or stomachs
- No strapless tops
- No sheer tops without proper underlining
- No skirts/dresses shorter than mid-thigh
- No slits higher than mid-thigh
The “Formal and Elegant” Policy:
- No two-piece gowns unless a proper top comes over the skirt
- No bare midriffs/stomachs on one-piece gowns
- No revealing necklines or backlines
- No bare backs – the dress must be high enough to cover a supporting undergarment
- No sheer fabrics without proper underlining
- No skirts/dresses shorter than mid-thigh
- No slits higher than mid-thigh
- Dance moves must be appropriate and in keeping with the values and philosophy of Regina High School. The general guideline to follow is “face to face and leave some space.” If chaperones deem the dancing to be inappropriate and/or provocative, the student is temporarily removed from the dance floor and notification of inappropriate dancing is mailed to the parents. If such dancing continues, parents may be called and/or the student is asked to leave the dance.
- If a student is under the influence of any drugs or alcohol products, the parent is called immediately to come and pick up the student. Law enforcement may also be called.
- Administration has the right to breathalyze and student or group of students who appear to be under the influence of alcohol.
- If fighting occurs, the parties involved are immediately escorted out of the dance and detained until parents and/or police are called.
- Once a student leaves the dance, the student may NOT re-enter under any circumstances.
- Students and/or guests involved in inappropriate public displays of affection are given one warning by the chaperones. If the behavior continues, those students/guests are asked to leave.
- Non-Regina students who attend dances are required to complete a “Guest Application” (returned at the stated date) and to provide photo I.D. at the door. In the case of the “Casual but Neat” dance, a Regina student is allowed to sign up no more than one public school guest and is responsible for the guest’s behavior and dress.
- When a student is asked to leave, a call home to the parent is made. Transportation from the dance is to be determined by the parent.
- The chaperones have the duty and responsibility of final determination concerning proper behavior and attire. They also have the right to call the police when necessary.