College Application Process
• Regina High School Code: 231873
Except for some highly competitive colleges and early decision programs, most colleges have rolling admissions. This means that students can apply at any time and will receive notice of acceptance in approximately 6-8 weeks (sometimes longer for the larger schools.) However, it is best to have all college applications completed by October 31st of senior year.
There are several important steps to the process:
1. With your parents and counselor, determine a comfortable number of schools to apply to, keeping in mind that most still have application fees. Apply online (some applications are free if applying online). You can locate applications by visiting the college's website, or by filling out a Common Application for participating schools.
2. Complete the electronic application to the very best of your ability by the deadline.
3. For the more selective schools, it is highly advisable that you create a resume or activities sheet that describes your activities, awards and community service. Please begin by using your career cruising profile for ideas or see Mrs. Dulgerian for examples.
4. If required, include essays and/or personal statements that both illustrate your best samples of writing and/or explain circumstances that have not been communicated through your application.
5. If using the Common Application, invite your counselor and teacher recommenders. Fill out the application itself completely and submit electronically.
6. Please refer to the Parchment and Common Application Instructions below regarding requesting transcripts to be sent.
7. Mrs. Dulgerian will hold individual appointments with each senior. At that time, please indicate whether you are requesting a teacher's recommendation letter or have other special circumstances that you think the college should know. Please call her at any time with questions at ext. 229.
Helpful Resources for the College Application Process
Parchment Instructions for Regina students
Common APP Instructions for Regina students
WOW Essay Writing Help: https://wowwritingworkshop.com
Resume Writing Help: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/explore-careers/careers/how-to-create-your-resume
Career Cruising Resume: https://public.careercruising.com/en/
(Students will need to see their counselors for usernames and passwords)
Current seniors or recent graduates (2012 to present), Parchment may be used to request transcripts:
College Night for Parents - September 21, 2016